Travel & Living Policy for SimplexGrinnell
Travel & Living Package
SimplexGrinnell provides the following travel and living arrangements for its employees who are confirmed to attend
training in a Tyco Safety Products Institute (TSPI) Regional Training Center:
• Round-trip airfare if you live more than 250 miles from the regional training center
• Local ground transportation
• Local lodging (single occupancy, non-smoking)
• Local meals (and associated gratuities)
AmEx Business Travel will coordinate all your arrangements upon receipt of your Travel Request Form received
no later than three weeks prior to the class start date. They will issue an itinerary showing details for air travel, local
ground transportation, hotel information, and all related contact information. E-tickets (electronic) for air travel are
issued via e-mail and fax and must be brought to the airport for check-in.
* ALL hotels require a credit card for check-in to cover incidentals charges not covered by this policy.
You are not allowed to give up your seat in exchange for vouchers from the airline (i.e.; compensation is offered due to
an airline overbooking situation).
Changes made to the above policy are at your or your District Office’s expense and AmEx Business Travel will request a credit
card before making any changes.
Travel for training to or from Canada does REQUIRE a valid passport.
Expenses Not Covered by Tyco Safety Products Institute
• Incidentals at the airport and local hotel including phone calls, laundry, purchase of alcohol, extra gratuities, personal
items, movies, and room service
• Airfare if you live within 250 miles of the regional training center
• Mileage reimbursement and other in-transit expenses, if you drive
• Transportation expenses incurred between your home or office and the airport of departure
• Expenses related to cancellation or rescheduling of your flight by the airline
A minimum $500 and up to actual costs incurred may be charged to your District Office for:
• No Shows & Cancellations within three weeks of the class start date
• Student substitutions (charges are for the replaced student if airline tickets were purchased for you).
Emergency After Hours Service while traveling to/from training classes.
An after-hours phone number connects you with an agent who has access to your profile/itinerary. They will help you
make emergency changes to your travel itinerary, when possible. You may need a credit card to pay for the changes.
They are able to answer your questions, provide you airline/hotel 800 phone numbers if you are stranded, and make
suggestions based on your situation in accordance with the policy set up for SG students. The bottom line is that you are
ultimately responsible for making the decisions when these situations (weather delays/flight cancellations) occur.
An email itinerary is provided via email by AmEx Business Travel with important travel information and emergency
telephone numbers. Refer to your itinerary as needed.